School’s about to start again (tomorrow for Sacred Heart; Friday for public schools), so I’m back from vacation. (By the way, CCD for classes start on Aug. 23, from 6:15-8:15 at the Family Life Center.)
I had a great time. My family took 9 days and drove to the Grand Canyon and back. Along the way, we visited:
- Saguaro National Park
- Montezuma Castle
- the Grand Canyon National Park (of course)
- Wupatki National Mounument (and Sunset Crater Volcano)
- several portions of Route 66, like Winslow, Arizona (yes, I stood on the corner)
- the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Parks
- Old Santa Fe
- The Jemez Mountain Trail — including the Los Alamos museum
- the Ft. Worth Stockyards
- Dealey Plaza, Dallas — where JFK was assassinated
- Natchitoches, LA
The drive was LONG — plus/minus 3,400 miles. However, we made such frequent stops that it wasn’t bad at all. Sure, it took us longer than if we had simply flown to the Grand Canyon; but, we’d have missed all the other stuff along the way.
My only regret is that I didn’t stretch out the vacation two more days, so that I could have gone up from the Canyon to visit the Glen Canyon Dam and National Recreation Area; Monument Valley; and Four Corners. I guess there’s always next time.
About the Blog
I’m not going to be updating the blog as often as I had been doing. This is because – technically speaking – there won’t be a Ville Platte Catholic Youth Group anymore.
I’m still not clear what’s going to replace the group (such as it was), but whatever will exist will center around either Challenge (for girls) or Conquest (for guys).
So, check back maybe twice a week for updates and new posts.
Meanwhile, have a great school year.